Generously designed for two people, this spacious vehicle features pressurized hot and cold water with shower and toilet. Cooking is made easy with a gas stove, microwave and fridge. Crockery, cutlery, linen, towels and more are all cleverly packed away on board. At the end a day the dining area converts into a comfortable double bed, your clothes can hang in the wardrobe and you’ll wake up in refreshed for a new adventure. The radio/CD Player makes for enjoyable driving and when you’re ready for a break, just pull over in one of New Zealand’s scenic spots and enjoy some more of a magical adventure holiday.
Please browse our Accessories for great rental rates on awning kits, outdoor furniture, solar showers and other great products for camping in comfort and style.
1 Jun -
16 Jul -
1 Nov -
16 Dec -
11 Jan -
- Vehicle Make: Ford Transit
- Vehicle Age: 2000/01 year
- Passenger Capacity: 2 Adults
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Consumption: Approximately 7 km per litre, 14 litres per 100 km.
- Engine Size: 2.4 litre turbo
- Transmission Type: Manual
- Power Equipment: Power steering, power assisted brakes.
- Tyres: Tyre pressure should be checked regularly. The recommended pressure is 55 psi.
- Spare Tyre: The spare tyre is located under rear of the vehicle. External access only.
- Tools: The tool kit is located under the drivers seat.
- Air-Conditioned: Driver's Cabin
- Seating Configuration: 2 seatbelts in driver's cab
- Entertainment: AM/FM radio, CD player
- Power Steering: Yes
- Roof Racks: No
- Internal Walk-Through Access: Yes
- AA 24 hour roadside Assistance: Yes
- Sleeping Configuration: One double bed (1.95m x 1.75m).
- Gas Cooker: 2 ring cooker ignited by match.
- Microwave: The microwave operates from 240V only so the vehicle must be plugged into mains power to operate.
- Gas Bottle: 4.5kg bottle
- Hot/Cold Pressurised Water: Yes
- Fresh Water Tank: 70 litre
- Waste Water Tank: 70 litre. Holding tank for grey waste water generated from the shower and kitchen sink. Disposable at all camp grounds and dump sites.
- Heating: In driver's cabin when vehicle is running. Living area a portable heater 240v and 12v gas heater
- Fridge Freezer: 55 litres. The fridge operates on 12V battery whilst driving and on 240V mains when plugged in at a camp ground. The fridge will automatically switch over between the two supplies.
- Shower/Toilet: Yes
- Storage: Ample cupboard space, storage under seats at rear of vehicle
- Exterior Access: Back doors with step
- Equipment Provided: Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, frypan, grater, chopping board,colander, potato peeler, salad/serving bowls, storage containers, toaster, kettle, teapot, coffee plunger, bucket, brush and shovel, teatowels, heater, electric jug, cloths pegs and line, fire extinguisher, toilet chemicals, maps and camping ground guide book.
- Linen & Bedding Provided: Bed Sheets, 1x Duvet, 1x Blanket. Items provided per person 1x Pillow, 1x Pillow Case, 1x Bath Towel
- Fire Extinguisher: Yes
- Safe: No
- Certified Self Contained: Yes
- Internal Height: 1.85m
- External Height: 2.90m
- Width: 1.97m
- Length: 5.97m
- PLEASE NOTE that, due to popular demand, Freedom Campers now offers pick up and/or drop off in Wellington, Picton, Greymouth, Dunedin, Nelson and Queenstown.
However, please note that a surcharge of NZ$650 applies per pick up and/or drop off.
- REMOTE LOCATION HIRES Please note the following changes to our providing this service:
- No pick ups or drop offs at remote locations from 20 December to 10 January (inclusive).
- From 11 January to 19th December (inclusive) a 14 day minimum hire period applies.
- Insurance is included in the rates
- Unlimited kilometres, and GST (15%)
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of five days.
- Courtesy Airport transfers before and after your hire are included in the price.
- Your Standard Excess/Deductible is $2500NZD ($3400NZD for drivers aged under 25 years)
- Bond Waiver is $25.00NZD per day (Standard) or $32.00NZD per day for drivers aged under 25 years. Maximum charge is for 40 days.
- We do not deduct the bond from your Bank account
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover are included in the bond waiver insurance
- We do not charge One way fees
- We do not charge for extra drivers
- Free starter pack, Regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Nationwide AA road side service.
- Rates and Conditions maybe subject to change.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals for more than 50 days. Details are available on application.
- Multiple Rentals Consecutive campervan rentals in New Zealand Freedom Campers and Australia Tasmania Campers can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.