The Path Escape features a permanent double bed over the driver's cabin, and large queen size bed that converts from the dining area. The vehicle offers many quality features including fridge, gas heater, gas stove, microwave, pressurized hot and cold water, shower and toilet. A CD/radio in the driver's cabin and heating throughout add to the enjoyment. It's a great way to see the real New Zealand.
Supplied in the camper you will find linen and bedding, kitchen essentials including crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils plus all the general living gear you’ll need. Don’t forget to pack soft bags instead of a suitcase – much easier to store in the camper!
Please browse our Accessories for great rental rates on awning kits, outdoor furniture, solar showers and other great products for camping in comfort and style.
1 Jun -
16 Jul -
1 Nov -
16 Dec -
11 Jan -
- Vehicle Make: Ford Transit
- Vehicle Age: 2000/2001 year
- Passenger Capacity: 4 Adults, 1 Child
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Capacity: 80 Litres
- Fuel Consumption: Approximately 16 litre per 100km. This does depend on how the vehicle is driven.
- Engine Size: 2.4 litre turbo
- Transmission Type: Manual
- Power Equipment: Power steering, power assisted brakes
- Tyres: Dual rear wheels for stability
- Spare Tyre: The spare tyre is located under the rear of the vehicle. External access only.
- Air-Conditioned: Driver's Cab
- Seating Configuration: Seatbelts for two in the driving cab and seatbelts for four in the living area
- Entertainment: AM/FM Radio, CD Player
- Cigarette Lighter: 12V which is suitable to charge up video camera batteries.
- Power Steering: Yes
- Internal Walk-Through Access: Yes
- AA 24 hour roadside Assistance: Yes
- Sleeping Configuration: 1 double bed 2.00 x 1.90m, 1 double bed 1.90 x 1.24m and 1 single bed 1.75 x 0.63m (above the rear double bed)
- Gas Cooker: 4 burner cooker with grill
- Microwave: The microwave operates from 240V only so the vehicle must be plugged into mains power to operate.
- Gas Bottle: 9kg gas bottle
- Hot/Cold Pressurised Water: Yes
- Fresh Water Tank: 100 litres
- Waste Water Tank: 100 litres. Holding tank for grey waste water generated from the shower and kitchen sink
- Lighting: Interior lights operate off both 12V batteries and 240V mains supply.
- Heating: Rear cabin heating operates on gas for heating at any time (other than when driving) and also a 240V fan heater is supplied for when plugged in at a camping ground.
- Fridge Freezer: 60 Litres. The fridge operates on 12V battery whilst driving and on 240V mains when plugged in at a camp ground
- Shower/Toilet: Yes
- Power Supply: 240V mains and 12V battery. The 240V mains power operates when the exterior power cable is plugged in at a camp ground.
- Dual Battery : There are two 12V batteries, one for starting the engine, and the other for domestic 12V system. Batteries are recharged by engine alternator while driving and when connected to a powered site.
- Storage: Ample cupboard space, storage under seats at rear of vehicle and hanging wardrobe. Additional luggage storage at Freedom Branches.
- Fly Screens: Placed on all windows in the living area of the vehicle.
- Exterior Access: Side door with pull out doorstep. Ensure this is pushed in when driving.
- Equipment Provided: Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, frypan, grater, chopping board,colander, potato peeler, salad/serving bowls, storage containers, toaster, kettle, teapot, coffee plunger, bucket, brush and shovel, teatowels, heater, electric jug, cloths pegs and line, toilet chemicals, maps and camping ground guide book.
- Linen & Bedding Provided: Bed Sheets, 1x Duvet, 1x Blanket. Items provided per person 1x Pillow, 1x Pillow Case, 1x Bath Towel
- Fire Extinguisher: Yes
- Safe: No
- Certified Self Contained: Yes
- Internal Height: 2.06m
- External Height: 3.20m
- Width: 2.20m
- Length: 6.0m
- PLEASE NOTE that, due to popular demand, Freedom Campers now offers pick up and/or drop off in Wellington, Picton, Greymouth, Dunedin, Nelson and Queenstown.
However, please note that a surcharge of NZ$650 applies per pick up and/or drop off.
- REMOTE LOCATION HIRES Please note the following changes to our providing this service:
- No pick ups or drop offs at remote locations from 20 December to 10 January (inclusive).
- From 11 January to 19th December (inclusive) a 14 day minimum hire period applies.
- Insurance is included in the rates
- Unlimited kilometres, and GST (15%)
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of five days.
- Courtesy Airport transfers before and after your hire are included in the price.
- Your Standard Excess/Deductible is $2500NZD ($3400NZD for drivers aged under 25 years)
- Bond Waiver is $25.00NZD per day (Standard) or $32.00NZD per day for drivers aged under 25 years. Maximum charge is for 40 days.
- We do not deduct the bond from your Bank account
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover are included in the bond waiver insurance
- We do not charge One way fees
- We do not charge for extra drivers
- Free starter pack, Regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Nationwide AA road side service.
- Rates and Conditions maybe subject to change.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals for more than 50 days. Details are available on application.
- Multiple Rentals Consecutive campervan rentals in New Zealand Freedom Campers and Australia Tasmania Campers can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.