4+1 Path Finder
The driving cabin has seating for three with a radio/cassette. The two rear forward facing seats have lap/diagonal seat belts and child seat restraints can be easily fitted. The extra vertical space in the living area creates an airy, spacious feeling and ease of movement - and a good-sized double bed and roomy loft bed makes for comfortable sleeping.
The optional awning package includes a side shade and a rear awning that can accommodate two camp beds or use as an extra room for living space. The ideal camping adventure for Mum Dad and the kids and there is no other Campervan like it in New Zealand.
Every drawer and cupboard reveals a surprise - fridge, stove, wardrobe, crockery, cutlery, linen, towels and much more. With the Family 4+1 Campervan you not only get the freedom and comfort to travel where you wish, you can also enjoy the economy and ease of an engine running on unleaded petrol with automatic transmission.
Include the Family pack containing a side shade and full rear awning plus table and chairs and you have everything you need to make your New Zealand Family Adventure holiday a reality.
1 Jun -
16 Jul -
1 Nov -
16 Dec -
11 Jan -
- Internal Height: 1.84m
- External Height: 2.60m
- Width: 1.69m
- Length: 5.00m
- Vehicle Make: Toyota Hiace
- Vehicle Age: 2003
- Passenger Capacity: 4 Adults, 1 Child
- Fuel Type: Petrol only
- Fuel Capacity: 70 litres
- Fuel Consumption: Approximately 15 litre per 100km. This does depend on how the vehicle is driven.
- Engine Size: 2.4 litre
- Transmission Type: Automatic
- Power Equipment: Power steering, power assisted brakes.
- Tyres: Tyre pressure should be checked regularly. The recommended pressure is 45psi for both front and rear.
- Spare Tyre: The spare tyre is located under the rear of the vehicle
- Air-Conditioned: Drivers Cab
- Seating Configuration: Seatbelts for 3 in driver's cabin (middle seat is small) and 2 in the rear facing forward. Anchor points are fitted on the two rear seats facing forward.
- Entertainment: AM/FM Radio, CD Player and Plugin MP3
- Cigarette Lighter: 12V, which is suitable to charge up video camera batteries.
- Power Steering: Yes
- Roof Racks: No
- Internal Walk-Through Access: No
- AA 24 hour roadside Assistance: Yes
- Sleeping Configuration: Whilst this vehicle seats 5, it is not suitable to sleep 5. Dinette converts into a double bed 1.80m x 1.44m plus a double overhead bunk in roof area 1.80m x 1.20m. Rear awning kit can accommodate two camp beds providing sleeping for five
- Gas Cooker: 2 burner cooker with grill
- Microwave: Operates off 240v when plugged into mains supply
- Gas Bottle: One 4.5kg bottle
- Hot/Cold Pressurised Water: Cold manually pumped
- Fresh Water Tank: 34 litres
- Waste Water Tank: None
- Lighting: Interior lights operate off 12V batteries only
- Heating: Driver's cabin when engine is running. Living area heating operates on 240V when plugged in at a camping ground only.
- Fridge Freezer: The fridge operates on 12V battery/240V mains power – 55 litre capacity.
- Shower/Toilet: No
- Power Supply: 240V mains and 12V battery. The 240V mains power operates when the exterior power cable is plugged in at a camp ground. There are two 12V batteries, one for starting the engine and the other for domestic 12V system. Batteries are recharged by engine alternator. The house battery is also recharged from 240v mains power.
- Storage: Ample cupboard space, storage under seats at rear of vehicle.
- Fly Screens: Placed on upper cabin windows in living area.
- Flooring: Easy to care for linoleum.
- Exterior Access: Through side door, and rear door with step.
- Equipment Provided: Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, frypan, grater, chopping board, colander, potato peeler, salad/serving bowls, storage containers, toaster, kettle, teapot, coffee plunger, bucket, brush and shovel, teatowels, heater, electric jug, cloths pegs and line, maps and camping ground guide book.
- Linen & Bedding Provided: Bed Sheets, 1x Duvet, 1x Blanket. Items provided per person 1x Pillow, 1x Pillow Case, 1x Bath Towel
- Fire Extinguisher: Yes
- Safe: No
- Certified Self Contained: No
- PLEASE NOTE that, due to popular demand, Freedom Campers now offers pick up and/or drop off in Wellington, Picton, Greymouth, Dunedin, Nelson and Queenstown.
However, please note that a surcharge of NZ$650 applies per pick up and/or drop off.
- REMOTE LOCATION HIRES Please note the following changes to our providing this service:
- No pick ups or drop offs at remote locations from 20 December to 10 January (inclusive).
- From 11 January to 19th December (inclusive) a 14 day minimum hire period applies.
- Insurance is included in the rates
- Unlimited kilometres, and GST (15%)
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of five days.
- Courtesy Airport transfers before and after your hire are included in the price.
- Your Standard Excess/Deductible is $2500NZD ($3400NZD for drivers aged under 25 years)
- Bond Waiver is $25.00NZD per day (Standard) or $32.00NZD per day for drivers aged under 25 years. Maximum charge is for 40 days.
- We do not deduct the bond from your Bank account
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover are included in the bond waiver insurance
- We do not charge One way fees
- We do not charge for extra drivers
- Free starter pack, Regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Nationwide AA road side service.
- Rates and Conditions maybe subject to change.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals for more than 50 days. Details are available on application.
- Multiple Rentals Consecutive campervan rentals in New Zealand Freedom Campers and Australia Tasmania Campers can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.