freedom path explorer 5 berth (2000/2001 models)
Five people can enjoy excitement, adventure and all the comforts of home when travelling around New Zealand in the Freedom Path Explorer campervan. The Path Explorer features a permanent double bed over the driver's cabin, and large queen size bed that converts from the dining area plus a single bed. The vehicle offers many quality features including fridge, gas heater, gas stove, microwave, pressurized hot and cold water, shower and toilet. The living equipment is all on board as well, with crockery, cutlery, duvets, linen, towels, pillows and more all provided. A CD/radio in the driver's cabin and heating throughout add to the enjoyment. It's a great way to see the real New Zealand.
External Height: 3.20m
Internal Height: 2.06m
Pax Capacity: 5 Adults
Seating configuration: Seatbelts for two in the driving cab and seatbelts
for four in the living area.
Air Conditioning: Drivers Cab
Radio, CD & MP3 Player: AM/FM Radio, CD Player and Plugin MP3.
Cigarette Lighter: 12V which is suitable to charge up video camera
Air Bags: Two air bags for the two front seats.
Fuel: Diesel only. 80 Litres
Fuel consumption: Approximately 16 litre per 100km. This does depend on how the vehicle is driven.
Engine specifications: 2.4 litre turbo diesel.
Transmission: 5 speed manual.
Power Equipment: Power steering, power assisted brakes.
Tyres: Tyre pressures should be checked regularly. This vehicle has dual
rear wheels for stability.
Spare Tyre: The spare tyre is located under the rear of the vehicle.
External access only.
Tools: The tool kit is located under the driver's seat in the step weld.
Sleeping configuration: 1 double bed 2.00 x 1.90m, 1 double bed 1.90 x 1.24m
and 1 single bed 1.75 x 0.63m
Fridge Freezer: The fridge operates on 12V battery whilst driving and on
240V mains when plugged in at a camp ground. The fridge will automatically
switch over between the two supplies. Fridge capacity 60 litres.
Gas cooker: 4 ring cooker with griller, ignited by match.
Gas bottle: A 9kg gas bottle. The gas bottle is located in the external
storage locker on the passenger's side of the vehicle. Bottle has an
'ON/OFF' tap on it. Please ensure it is in 'OFF' position when not in use
and when driving.
Heating: Rear cabin heating operates on gas for heating at any time (other
than when driving) and also a 240V fan heater is supplied for when plugged
in at a camping ground.
Microwave: The microwave operates from 240V only so the vehicle must be
plugged into mains power to operate.
Water heater: Water heater works on gas and is operated by a switch. Water
will be heated after approximately 15 minutes.
Bathroom facilities: Hot and cold pressurised water in shower cubicle with
separate hand basin and amenity cabinet.
Toilet: Located in cubicle with shower. Flush toilet waste goes into
cassette holding tank which is accessed from exterior compartment door.
Toilet is full of chemicals on pick-up of vehicle, with a small
complimentary supply. Toilet cassette holding tank must be empty and flushed
out on drop-off.
Fresh Water tank: Holding capacity of 100 litres.
Grey Water tank: Holding tank for grey waste water generated from the shower
and kitchen sink. Disposable at all camp grounds and dump sites. Holds 100
litres grey water. Grey water hose is in the step weld of the side door.
Lighting: Interior lights operate off both 12V batteries and 240V mains
Power Supply: 240V mains and 12V battery. The 240V mains power operates when
the exterior power cable is plugged in at a camp ground. There are two 12V
batteries, one for starting the engine, and the other for domestic 12V
system. This system includes water pump and fridge. Batteries are recharged
by engine alternator while driving and when connected to a powered site.
Storage: Ample cupboard space, storage under seats at rear of vehicle and
hanging wardrobe. Additional luggage storage at Freedom Branches.
Skylights: One in the rear of the living area and one in the bathroom.
Ensure these are closed when driving.
Fly Screens: Placed on all windows in the living area of the vehicle.
Internal access: Internal access between driver's cab and living area.
Exterior access: Side door with pull out doorstep. Ensure this is pushed in
Equipment provided: Crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, frypan, grater, chopping board,colander, potato peeler, salad/serving bowls, storage containers, toaster, kettle, teapot, coffee plunger, bucket, brush and shovel, sleeping bags or duvet, blankets, pillows, sheets, towels, teatowels, heater, electric jug, cloths pegs and line, fire extinguisher, toilet chemicals, LPG gas bottle, maps and camping ground guide book.
freedom path explorer 5 berth - rental rates
We are so sure our pricing is the lowest and our vehicles are the best value for money, that if you have a quotation for a cheaper comparable vehicle we will match it or even beat it! (proof of quotation required) To take advantage of these low rates you will need to Book Direct with Freedom Campers. If you would simply like to know a price for your travel dates please Request a Quote and one of our team will provide a competitive quote to suit your travel requirements and budget.
||1 may 30 sep
||1 nov 15 dec
||16 dec 28 feb
- PLEASE NOTE that due to popular demand Freedom Campers now offers pick up and/or drop off in Picton, Greymouth, Dunedin and Queenstown. However, please note that a surcharge of NZ$380.00 applies per hire.
- Insurance is included in the rates
- Unlimited kilometres, and GST (15%)
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of five days.
- Courtesy Airport transfers before and after your hire are included in the price.
- Your Standard Excess/Deductible is $2500NZD ($3400NZD for drivers aged under 25 years)
- Bond Waiver is $20.00NZD per day (Standard) or $29.00NZD per day for drivers aged under 25 years. Maximum charge is for 40 days.
- We do not deduct the bond from your Bank account
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover are included in the bond waiver insurance
- We do not charge One way fees
- We do not charge for extra drivers
- Free starter pack, Regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Nationwide AA road side service.
- Rates and Conditions maybe subject to change.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals for more than 50 days. Details are available on application.
- Multiple Rentals Consecutive campervan rentals in New Zealand Freedom Campers and Australia Tasmania Campers can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.